- Create an image using any imaging editing software to create the featured image, example (400×180 pixels). This will be the Blog post featured/thumbnail image.
- Upload the PDF to WordPress ‘Log in’ > ‘Media’ > ‘Add New’ > ‘Select Files’ and upload the PDF. After you upload the PDF, click the ‘Edit’ link that appears. Copy (‘ctrl’ key + ‘c’ key) the ‘File URL’ for later use.
- Create the Blog post. ‘Log in’ > ‘Posts’ > ‘Add New’ > and fill in the title, content, category and select the featured images you uploaded earlier.
- To create the actual link to your PDF in the content section of your blog post, highlight the text you want to turn into the link, in the content section, and click the ‘insert/edit link’ icon. Paste the URL you copied earlier into the ‘URL’ field.
- Click the blue ‘Publish’ button in the top right side of the screen.