Create a list of URLs to filter
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click on ‘Acquisition’ > ‘Overview’ > ‘Referral’.
- Make a list of the ‘Sources’ that look suspicious. For example if there’s a lot of traffic coming from a URL and the ‘Average Session Duration’ is 00:00:00 and the Bounce Rate is 100.00%, chances are it’s spam.
- Click on ‘Admin’ > ‘JS Tracking Info’ > ‘Referral Exclusion List’.
- Click the ‘Add Referral Exclusion’ button and add your list.
Note: you will need to update your ‘Referral Exclusion List’ on a regular bases depending on how much traffic you get on your website.
Official instructions from Google click here.