In this tutorial I will show you how to add a blog page to your WordPress website. Follow the steps below.
Create categories for your blog posts
- Click on ‘Posts’.
- Click on ‘Categories’ under ‘Posts’.
- Type in the name of a category of your blog into the ‘Name’ field and then click the ‘Add new category’ button at the bottom of the page.
How to write a blog post
- Click the ‘Posts’ option on the right side of the screen.
- Click the ‘Add New’ option.
- Fill in the title field at the top of the screen.
- Type your blog post into the content area. If you don’t understand HTML or CSS, make sure the ‘Visual’ tab over the content field is selected.
- Select the category(s) that apply to your blog post under the ‘Categories’ section.
- if there are some keywords you’d like search engines to associate with your blog post, but these keywords aren’t mention in your blog, you can enter them in the ‘Tags’ section. Enter 2-7 keywords into the ‘Tags’ field separated by commas when click the ‘Add’ button.
- Click the blue ‘Publish’ button in the top right of the screen.
Note: If you want your blog post to show up for a specific keyword phrase(3 words recommended), mention the keyword phrase in the blog post title once and in the content area 2 or 3 times. Your blog posts should be at least 250 minimum.